Do you have a small office space? That doesn’t have to be a problem at all, especially when you use our tips to make your space look bigger. Think, for example, of certain office furniture, mirrors, and the use of color. You may even check out the HappyWallz homepage to find a plethora of motivational wall art stickers to inspire your employees.
With our tips below, your space will become open, fresh, transparent, nice, and light. Of course, you can add accessories afterward, but keep the following in mind: the more stuff you put in your office, the smaller it seems. Less is more!
1. Choose transparent
Do you want to make your office look bigger and also very stylish? Then choose transparent furniture. That way the space seems a lot less small and ‘full’.
2. Put it on your legs
Solid furniture may look impressive, but if you have a small office, it will make the space a lot smaller. Therefore, choose furniture on legs. This ensures that the floor remains visible. Good options are, for example, the T-leg or 4-leg furniture. In addition, there are also desks available that are nicely open.
There are various possibilities to use mirrors to create the illusion that your office is much larger. For example:
- A mirror opposite the window reflects the light and the more light, the bigger your office seems.
- A mirror between two windows gives more depth to your office
- Do you have a narrow office? Then hang two mirrors on either side of the wall, so lengthwise. This makes your office look less narrow.
- Do you want your office to look longer? Then place two mirrors on the short walls.
- A long mirror that comes from the ground to the ceiling makes your space look no less than 2 times as large
4. Create more space with colors
Maybe you already knew that light colors always make a room look bigger. But to paint everything white is not always atmospheric. If you choose the right colors in the right places, you can also make your office look attractive and larger with a little color.
- Small office becomes bigger if you use light colors. This can be white or light blue.
- Paint the ceiling 1 shade lighter
- Choose satin paint. This has a magnifying effect because satin paint reflects the light well.
- Do you want to create more height? Then choose a light color for the ceiling and choose a slightly dark color for the walls. Do not take wallpaper, that is a no go if you want more height.
- You can make a narrow office look wider if you choose a light color for the sidewalls and paint the short walls a dark color.
- More color? Then use patterns such as stripes. Horizontal stripes make your office longer. Vertical stripes provide more height.
With these tips, you should be able to create a beautiful and large office. If you have any tips of your own, we always like to hear from you. Have you used our tips? Then we are very curious about the result.